Thursday, May 3

point - shoot - click...

cowhide footstool and a leather jacket...

For the past year I have had an insatiable desire to find the perfect camera bag. When I say "insatiable" I mean...

a suede skirt and re.cycled bag handle...

I have studied and looked and touched and studied some more a thousand camera bags. At least.

I have EVEN considered buying one.


*gasp*


there is a pocket on the back that is cell-phone size... it was original to the leather jacket I used!

I am apparently verrrrrryyyyyyy picky and I find myself - 1 year later - trying to come up with/find the perfect camera bag.

I drive myself nutz. Which in reality isn't a long drive...

I spent days hours on this one and I'm gonna give it a try.

It's like this: I require a certain number of pockets so that not only can I carry my camera body with one lens, plus a second one I like to use, my filters and hood... sometimes my flash. I then want to be able to drop my keys, ID and phone in it. A cross-body so I don't have to worry with it slipping off of my shoulder. And... I don't want a suitcase size bag. ALL of this...

stolen from "the Mama" fabrics.... sssshhhh....

and it has to be cute. And versatile. It has to blend in on the days I wear ruffles and lace and floaty things as well as the days I wear ripped up jeans, my favorite T (it's SpongeBob screaming "leave my brain alone!"... it cracks me up!), and flip flops that should have been retired 10 years ago. Maybe 11 years ago.

I took my "JBEarl" pattern which is a MANbag messenger (I don't think I've shown you that yet... hmmmm...) and adapted it... made it narrower, grew it a hair taller. Girlyfied it with some happy daisies. *grin*


I'm gonna take the bag and my "new-to-me" vintage camera strap and explore new things this week-end. While I'm judging my own bag (I'm SUCH a bag critic - this should be interesting!) what do you like in your camera bag?

Do you go for structured or soft? Big, small or medium? Do you like certain pockets and where do you like them? How much padding do you prefer? Cross-body or handles? Ruffles or leather or fabric? Anything I'm missing that you need/like/want? Inquiring minds (and a pocketbook maker) wanna know!


comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I keep walking around and around and around my bag studying it... think it has a complex yet? hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin