Tuesday, July 15

Let's Party Like it's 2008!

In June of 2008 I went to a yard sael.


Seriously. The sign said "sael". This is the actual sign. hahahaHA!

Piles of junk and more junk, alllll spread out in front of a double-wide: the poster-woman for TRUE redneck (i'm gonna let you use your imagination re: what she looked like. be very creative...) was in charge. And - she LOVED my purse. After purchasing a pillowcase and some belts (even though I was short a quarter!), I got in my car to head home... slightly traumatized by the thought that only a REDNECK could appreciate my pocketbook made out of re.po'd vintage fabrics and other fun stuff.

41 miles.

I was 41 miles away from home. But, you know how it goes... by mile marker 3, I had thought of my business name, "red.neck Chic". By mile marker 9, I had my logo designed in my head. By mile marker 14, I had my tag line (re.defining redneck Style...). By mile marker 17, I had my branding and packaging perfected in my head. All the rest of the miles home saw me jumping in my car seat with excitement and ridiculously happy JOY.

By the time I parked in my driveway, I knew that my passion and business had just collided in the way that is unique to me... and I was off like a crazed roll of duct tape!!!

I started with a small "shop space" in Hillsboro Antique Mall, tucked safe and sound under the stairs.

I had NO CLUE what I was doing... but I had some SERIOUS fun figuring it out!

I continued to grow...

and grow some more!


Then - I decided it was time for my first show with red.neck Chic, sew I hit the road...

and found Jessica and Joe, aka: Funky Finds!

 After that, I felt like I was finding my groove, so I tackled my first outdoor show...

and thought I was going to have to lock myself in to the crazy farm.

To this day, I STILL shudder when I think of the 110 degrees in the shade - on ASPHALT - that happened the day of the Peach Festival.

In between the shows, I got invited in to an art gallery in Dallas...


I've popped my duct tape roll in to various shoppes and boutiques, and I started rolling my duct tape in to Zapp Hall for a few years...


These are the only 2 photos I can find of my various tents over a 3 or 4 year period!

and I kept growing in the Hillsboro Antique Mall.
I moved in to the second side of the mall...


and I eventually spread allllll the way across the back 40 of the second side of the mall.

Other shows, the addition of "soiree's" and popUP shops, expansions to the product lines I offer (fashion. home. life.), and THEN: a second (and NEW!) location inside the Cedar Chest Antique Mall!



And now that we are up to date? It's time to celebrate all of this duct tapin' FUN!!!


Yes... it's belated, but I'm just cool like that. haha!

It's going to be SEW FUN!!! I have swag bags I'm building, and "festive drinks and tasty eats" I'm planning on finding someone to cook (i'm thinking the fire department doesn't need to be involved in this celebration...) for the Soirée... pocketbooks, pearl-snaps, sparkly things, smell good soaps, paper stuff and concrete things - ANYthing and EVERYthing I can think of - for the Soirée and popUP shop!!!

I would love to see you there!!! If I can't, I'll keep you posted over the miles - that way we can both pretend you're there!

comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I can't WAIT to see what my next 6 years brings! It's been sew fun this far - can you imagine how many giggles you and I are going to have in the future? hee-hee

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin