Thursday, November 5

a NOVEL idea...


I ADORE chalkboard paint. (Have I told you that before?) If not, I ADORE chalkboard paint.  It's right up on the top of my favorites list alongside duct tape, fabric, spray paint, sparkly things, more sparkly things, wd-40, china, junk (dang - my list is LONG!).  There is NOTHING safe from the attack of my brush.  Ugly pictures, silver trays, walls, table tops, plates - NOTHING - even books!  Big ones, little ones, medium sized ones... few escape un-scathed.

A winner?  What?  Where?!!?

One night I was happily sewing away on a new hat (It's going to be part of the "HOGerific" line!) when it occurred to me that the little books I nabbed a few days before from a yard sale would make the PERFECT place cards on a dinner table!  (What...you don't see the correlation between hat makin' and place cards? Huh.) Anyway, out came the paint can as the brush was whipped out of its holster!

 

HERE?  at red.neck Chic?

Here's what you do...
Go on a treasure hunt!  It could be in your house, your neighbor's house, your kids' room (or the pig pen...) - garage sales and/or thrift stores and grab up as many small books as you might need!  I grabbed up 8 of them (even though I have a full place setting for roughly 32... we won't discuss THAT though.). Then, pop the lid on that chalkboard paint!  I swear, when I open mine up I hear the whole heavenly choir singin' as I see the glowing light from above highlighting that can of awesomeness! WHOOOOO HOOO!  Oh!  And did you know that now it's tintable to a few different colors?  I haven't tried that yet...have you?

What do you think they won?



 I slap down a sheet of wax paper because I'm a messy messy painter to protect my table top, spread my books out and put on coat number 1...

Then coat number 2...

Oh!  A HOGerific purse!

Then coat number 3...
Then coat number 4 & 5...

Finishing with coat number 6!  Then, I flip 'em over and put on coat number 1...

WHO do you think won?!!?

And so on!  You can also use a primer that is magnetic, but I haven't tried that yet on books... it works great for old paintings that you HAVE to turn into chalkboards because they are so hideous - of course, in that case they would be magnetic chalkboards! When you are all done with your "coat of one color" you can add a strip of paper (ah ha!  from the book you just painted!), a piece of ribbon - or, if you are me - a strip of vinyl to look like the binding!  And guess what -

You're done!  Voila!  Place cards! (I don't know who Sally is, but hey - welcome! (I hope she brought some food...)) How FuN would they be used for a book club dinner / PART-AY?!!? Now it's up to you to get that can (please DO let me know if you hear the choir and see the glowing light - if you don't, I'm checkin' myself in somewhere), brandish your brush like it's a magic wand and paint a matte black MASTERPIECE!!!  I would love to know what YOU use your chalkboard paint on!!!

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee
;-) Robelyn

What?  Did I forget something?  You're looking at me kind of funny....


I don't HAVE an encore for you today!!!  I guess I could sing you a song?  Oh Oh!  I know - let's dance!!!


No?  WHAT?!!?


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!  The TOTALLY COOL, TOTALLY ONE-OF-A-KIND, TOTALLY HOGerific "pearl.e the flyin' pig" purse! What, you REALLY want to know who won her?  Well................... she will be gruntin' her way over tooooooooooooooooo...


land in The Feathered Nest!!!  Dawn, watch out - you've got a HOG fixin' to land (as soon as I get your address!) in your nest!!!  Congratulations!!! And for all of the rest of you - THANK YOU for throwing your name in the pig pen!!!  Send me your couch and I'll make somethin' special JUST FOR YOU!!!

;-)  Thanks Again for joining me in the Slop Pail!!!!!!
Robelyn


Blog Widget by LinkWithin