Friday, March 13

Spring WAS in the air...

Okay - so here is my story - and I'm stickin' to it! (kinda like duct tape....) Spring was in the air - flowers blooming, green on the trees, fresh air (this is Texas - humidity is a given...) the house was clean was being the operative word there, windows thrown open, sun shining, birds chirping and chattering yelling at the overly obese cat I'm sure...

And there was me. Cleaning and organizing, dusting off winter and re-decorating for the Spring - received the post cards for the first show red.neck Chic is in this year - getting SEW excited to introduce the red.neck Chic Spring and Summer lines to the masses (what masses I don't know, but I'm sure there are some waitin' for their share of duct tape!)


"Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world." ~Virgil A. Kraft

It was all somethin' to behold! And then - here comes the rain...

We have been needing rain, I will not argue that point - but why did the rain have to come with 30 degree temps?


It's March! In Texas! Oh wait, that could explain that. If you don't like the weather here, wait a few minutes!!! So we go from sunny skies and 80 degrees to today...high of 38 and rain - and more rain - and more rain. I needed some inspiration once more!!! Here is what I found!!! Vintage linens - re-purposed and up-cycled into fantastic totes! Can you not see yourself grabbin' one of these up and makin' your junk store rounds? Or what about that flea market you are heading too? Farmers market, flower market, your local grocery store - the big tractor pull? OH! I know... the drag races!!! :-)

These are just GORGEOUS bags made out of vintage pillow cases - and her store is so aptly named "sugar sugar" DELICIOUS!!! And her blog...just get ready 'cause you are going to be staying there for awhile...


And here is one from a vintage table cloth - all trimmed out with vintage lace and some added bling! (The bling isn't vintage - but isn't it pretty!) It stems from sunny days and fresh air...


And this is a BEAUTY!!! It makes me let loose the girly sigh... better still - it is from a GREAT Etsy store "Fluffy Flowers" and her tag line is - ready for this? "something to make you Smile" - my cheeks hurt!!! She also has a fun AND inspiring blog - go check her out!!!

And last but not least...


3 beauties!!! All vintage linens...can't get much more Spring/Summer than these gorgeous ladies! Again, another wonderful Etsy shop - Sally Rags!

Well, with my inspiration back (I have an umbrella so the rain can't wash it away!!!) I am off to the girl cave - watch out fabric stash - here I come!!! Be sure and drop me a line and tell me where YOU would carry your tote that is all dressed up for spring and summer!!!

Have a great week-end - Happy Junkin' - and did you know that red.neck's don't melt in the rain?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...
hee-hee

:-) robelyn





Blog Widget by LinkWithin