Sunday, January 13

bowled over.


I had blogged (here) before about how I ADORE and WANT an Arco lamp!!! However... the ol' pocketbook screams and runs when looking at the price tag on a real (aka: vintage) Arco, and though I think the sky is the limit when it comes to decorating my house...

my ceiling height tends to put a lid on my imagination.

Enter Target and their lamp department:


The frame of it is close enough for me - the height is just right - the PRICE TAG was fantastic!!!

But - the shade and base weren't right...


so I found a stainless steel bowl and a wooden rectangular box.


*big grin*


I am gonna fill the box with concrete when I get a couple of nice "concrete pourin'" days in a row (right now it's weighted with bricks), and then I will decide if I'm going to break the box away and have a concrete base - or just leave it!


comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where sometimes my determination (and total dis-respect for cooking equipment) to have something I like just makes me laugh... but happy!!!

What do you use YOUR mixing bowls for?

 

9 comments:

  1. Big Love! Cracking me up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Thank You!!! THE LAMP cracks me up - every time I walk in my living room! LOLOL

      :0)

      Delete
  2. You are so dang creative !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holli - or I'm crazy... LOLOLOL

      Thank You!!!

      Delete
  3. Seriously?!
    Get out... that's just a bowl? I love this. You have ALL THE TALENT.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mixing bowls are for just that---mixing things up and little friend o'mine---you do that perfectly!
    Deb the Celeb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Kashmoley girl!! You rocked the re-do big time with this project! "Make it what you want it" is my motto and you sure did!! Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really did it? That's so cool! Looks like the gen-u-wine article to me! You win the price, redneckchicky!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I write "price"? My comment's not visible yet, but if I did, that shoulda been "prize". Although you won the "prize" and the "price" as well if you made that out of a kitchen bowl.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

I love love love reading your comments!!! Please let me know you visited!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin