Friday, March 11

road trip.


The combination of Spring Break for the resident teen and working with old, coffee stained road maps has me taking a slight detour down memory lane...


Every year the red.neck brothers and I used to spend spring break at my Grandparent's house.  Just about every day of spring break we would all pile in to the Grammy and Grampy mobile and go find some fun... sometimes the grocery store (with a few u-turns on the way for garage sales)...


sometimes the fishin' hole (with a few u-turns along the way for garage sales)... sometimes just to check out the 'hood (you know... for garage sales and stuff.)


We NEVER got in the car without two things.  A coffee pot (I really wonder how many of these pump pots she went through over the years...) and a cookie tin.  I think that they liked to SAY the cookie tin was for our benefit... but Grampy was the cookie monster.


Grampy: "Old woman, I need a shot of coffee"

Grammy: "Here you go Old Goat"

Grampy: "Old woman, what's in the tin?"

Grammy: "Nothing for you Old Goat" (as she hands him a cookie...)


I think the only way Grampy would have owned a GPS is if it had the "garage sale here" app...

Wanna take a road trip?


Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide... or maybe the fishin' hole... one never knows (but you betcha' I've got my shot of coffee)... hee-hee

9 comments:

  1. I can just see you all now, sounds like a lot of fun and the making of great memories!
    xoxo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! If you ever turn off of the road in this direction let me know. If it is warm out I'll take you to a fablous flea market or two;) Can't wait to hear about all of the trouble you get into;) Have fun!!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love road trips! Thanks for sharing your memories; sounds like so much fun. (I have one of those coffee pump deals and have never used it; was saving it for a party or gathering but sounds like a great thing to take on a road trip!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to take a road trip and will be headed toward one tomorrow. Yippee, it's oldest son's birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robelyn, you bring such oy to each day! What memories ... there is a ring of memory in them for me, also.

    Happy St.Patrick's Day
    Have a lovely weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post Robelyn! My mammy used to call my grandpa "you ole codpuss" I don't even think I want to know what a codpuss is!!!! It sounds like you had some wonderful spring breaks in your time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. First stop. Smokes and road beer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE road trips!!! so are you doing a booth at Round Top--give me the details if you are so I can come meet you and give you a BIG Illinois hug!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO overdue for a road trip! And when I do I definitely would like to U-turn it for some garage sales. Your grandparents sound like such fun, what great memories you have. :)
    Midge

    ReplyDelete

I love love love reading your comments!!! Please let me know you visited!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin