Tuesday, July 10

tic-tac-tOH!


BORED games and I don't get along... I start to play, then my mind wanders... then I start to wander... then you would fire me as your playing partner due to lack-of-focus (and the probability of me being in a whole 'nother room by the time it's my turn) on my part. BUT! I do like a good game of Tic-Tac-Toe even though I never win. So I made some Tic-Tac-Toe boards to take to the "mercantile" in Hillsboro Antique Mall today or tomorrow. Wanna know how? It's easy...

Get a board. After all... it's a board game!
Mine is 11" square.
Measure it in to thirds, then:


wood-burn* your lines in.

* IN MY HEAD that worked...


... in my HEAD I hadn't had the same THREE CUPS OF COFFEE that my HANDS had had... so my public service announcement for today is:

* never wood-burn after cup-of-coffee number 2. Even with a straight edge, your lines will not be straight. (you thought I was going to say, "don't touch the wood-burner" didn't you? valid thought on your part... i only have one finger burn thankyouverymuch)

Anywho - find some x's and o's and paint them the colors you choose:


paint or stain your board, and Voila':


Since the whole wood-burning/coffee thing was rather sketchy, I took another board, painted it with matte black, drew my lines in chalk then clear coated it with a matte finish. "the Mama" had given me a box of jars, so I grabbed a couple and spray painted the lids for letter storage. It really is super easy - a FUN summer game!

You could go bigger with your board, smaller... paint colors, techniques, letters... your options are endless!

Let your mind wander like mine does during a rambunctious game of "Go Fish"...


comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I'm thinkin' you would have to decide: am I a Tic-Tac-Toe hustler with a crazed poker-like face or not? hmmmm...... hee-hee....
Blog Widget by LinkWithin