Tuesday, July 24

bits 'n baubles...

The chevron necklaces that I have seen lately have me intrigued...

found here - pinned here

sew I went digging in the never ending stash of junk that lives (and seems to multiply daily) in my "lab.or.a.tory".


You need to make one too 'cause it's fun and you would look cute wearing it! Here's how:

you'll need:

1 leather scrap.
lace/doily scrap.
wire or 3" headpin.
bits 'n baubles...
and a feather because it will tickle yer collar bone and make you laugh.








add bits 'n baubles... I found some silver-tone chain and made my necklace 16" in length (the whole tickle the collarbone and laugh thing...), but it would look great as a long necklace too - or layered with a couple of shorter necklaces! Then I added some pearls from an old bracelet ('cause you know I'm all about the duct tape and pearls!)... added a couple of Mother of Pearl buttons... and last but not least - a tiny feather because I had feathers ticklin' my brain in that moment...


comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I now have feathers EVERY. WHERE. why? Because I'm the dork that opens her stash of teeny tiny little bitty, light-weight, free-floating, can'tgrabthemfastenough feathers right in front of where the air conditioner vent is aimed...



p.s. I would like to note that I'm not sure how I arrived at fringed leather, pearls and lace from the fantastic wooden necklace that The Knotty Owl Shop created... so I'm gonna have to go back to her Etsy shop and talk her out of one 'cause I really like the clean lines, colors and simplicity of her creation!!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin