Monday, August 27

YUMMMMMM!


I can eat my weight in Stuffed Peppers. Seriously. Stuffed Peppers, Chicken Fried Steak (with some Fried Okra on the side) and Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

Oh. And Little Debbie Zebra Cakes. I'm just a discerning foodie like that. *snicker* 

Anywho - I had Stuffed Peppers with lamb. It was my first time to ever eat lamb!


THEY ARE DELICIOUS!


Ingredients

1 pound ground lamb
1 cup cooked, cooled rice
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 bag mini bell peppers
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup crumbled feta cheese


Directions

Mix ground meat with rice, salt, and a few flavorful ingredients. Spoon filling into each half of the mini bell peppers; then broil on a baking sheet on the center rack until meat is cooked, about 8 minutes.
(makes 24)

You should make some. And - when you do - call me. I'll be there.



comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I think you should know... as I was typing this post up and pulling in my photos - my stomach growled so loud I jumped in my seat. When are you cooking 'cause I'm HUNGRY!?!?


p.s. I have also come to the conclusion that I could run around taking pictures of vegetables at Farmer's Markets for WEEKS. I might have found a new muse! Do you know how many pocketbook ideas I got from eggplants and bell peppers and sweet peppers and okra and watermelons and fresh flowers and tomatoes and corn and squash and jalapeno's? Good grief...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin