Friday, November 30

yummm...

image and recipe found here at Around My Family Table

If you ever want to shut me up, hand me a bowl of Brocolli and Cheese soup - then just step away.

It's gray and drizzly and a lil' bit cool outside this morning and my stomach is growling...


Brocolli and Cheese Soup
4 tbls butter
½ onion, roughly chopped
2 1/2 tbls flour
2 cups whole milk
1 cup chicken/vegetable stock
1 large head broccoli, roughly chopped
1 ½ cups grated cheese
additional milk and cheese may be needed

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for about 4 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for a minute or two. Pour in the milk and broth. Add the broccoli. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.

Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer on low until the broccoli is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.

Puree soup using a blender (in two batches), immersion blender, or even a potato masher. Stir in the cheese and allow to melt. Taste the seasonings and adjust if needed. Thin with additional milk to desired consistency.

To make it a little heartier, stir in some diced ham or leftover chicken/turkey. Serve with extra cheese and crackers.

So.... who's cooking?
comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I've got my google search up and running because I'm having to look up "puree" and "immersion blender"... my tater mashers are photo holders...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin