Thursday, July 15

Breakfast in the morning...

breakfast in the evening, breakfast all day long... my favorite meal of the day!!! ALL day!  hee-hee

The other night I was frying up some bacon (yes, the fire extinguisher was close by - thank you for your concern!) and inspecting my frying pan... the Teflon isn't so scratch resistant after Idon'tknowhowmanyyears of being scratched resistant.  If I had THIS pan I'd be cookin' up all kinds of fun!


Fun, right? And if my kitchen looked like this:


I'd make this breakfast casserole (after I bought a baking dish too):

Ingredients:
6 large eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
4 slices bread, torn or 3 croissants, sliced and torn into 1-inch pieces
8 to 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
10 to 15 sliced grape tomatoes or 2 small tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Preparation:
Heat oven to 350°. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl; set aside.
Arrange torn bread over the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the bacon pieces and tomato slices. Top with Cheddar cheese then pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned. Serves 4 to 6.

And the dining table in that kitchen would be the perfect place for this vintage tablecloth and napkin ring (and I could wear this cute polky-dotted skirt):


However. None of that's gonna happen 'cause I don't have the pan, my kitchen in no way looks like that (yet) annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd................. I cut up some of the main ingredients to make a pocketbook.


'Cause that's the way I cook (and the neighborhood association in conjunction with the local FD appreciate that).

What does YOUR dream kitchen inspire you to do?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee
;-)  robelyn

P.S.


This pocketbook is even sportin' some lace bloomers under that skirt... just in case it's a windy day...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin