Wednesday, January 5

An Affair To Remember...


A couple falls in love and agrees to meet in six months at the Empire State Building - but will it happen?


From the beautiful opening song crooned by Vic Damone to the tearful last scene, this movie will have you alternately crying, laughing, and crying again. Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr are perfection as the two people who meet on a ship and fall in love.


Because they are each engaged to other people, they decide to put their feelings to the test of time. They agree to meet atop the Empire State Building in six months if they feel the same. One shows up, one doesn't because of tragic circumstances.


When they accidentally meet months later at a ballet, it is awkward, yet the chemistry cannot be denied. A sentimental painting, an art dealer's story of a lady in a wheelchair, and Cary Grant's dramatic opening of a door lead to an ending that requires a full box of tissues but is one of Hollywood's most memorable scenes.

Oh my gosh - my knees are weak and I'm all starry eyed just THINKING about this movie!  It's my ALL TIME favorite - I'm not even opposed to watching the remake of it with Annette Bening and Warren Beatty... or hitting "start" again and again and again on my DVD player - a marathon of one in my living room.


So... when Deb the "The Lone Star Queen" (aka: Howdy from Cowtown) mentioned her suggestion for Ms. "Ev.e.lyn" you know I swooned (and watched the movie last night)...


How's THAT for fate? Love... Chemistry...


Thank You SEW much to EVERYONE that offered suggestions... you know what ya'll are doing, right?  I see all the names - then I want to go hole up in the red.neck lab and make a pocketbook to match your suggestions!!! Do you like this movie as much as I do?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where I have the Empire State Building programmed in to my GPS... wanna meet me there?) hee-hee


Deb! You're a Star...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin