Monday, December 12

silver and gold


Mercury glass.


I usually gravitate towards the silver, but I needed gold (wait 'til you see WHY I needed gold! yeeeee HA!and I didn't HAVE any gold...


so I ran a glass votive holder under the tap.
Shook out the excess water.
Went outside and sprayed the inside with gold metallic paint.
Swirled the watered down paint concoction around.
Let it dry.
Uh huh... that simple!
THEN "the Mama" says to try vinegar instead of water to get the "aged" effect.


So... I put some vinegar in a glass votive holder - shook it up and swirled it around.
Shook out the excess vinegar.
Went outside and sprayed the inside with gold metallic paint.
Swirled the vingegared down paint concoction around.
Let it dry.
Aged to perfection in seconds!

Hot glue on some ribbon, add some cedar pieces and a silver pinecone. 'Cause it's Christmas and finishes are meant to be mixed up.


Oh wait... I do that all year round. *shrug*

There you have it! "Fool's Gold" mercury glass. The silver works too! Here's some mood music for you... you can thank me later 'cause you're going to be humming this to yourself throughout the rest of today:



comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I have sprayed my way through many many cans of metallic paints, glitter paints... more glitter paints... I look best in a wild mix of silver and gold... with a lil' chartreuse thrown in...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin