Friday, May 21

pearls, lace and calamine lotion


Happy Friday!!!

I've been slavin' away in the la.bor.a.tory the past couple of days... smackin' skeeters - applyin' no-scratchy cream - sorting out and putting away clutter... well, as you can guess, THAT didn't hold my attention long...


so I made a necklace! Have you noticed all of the lace popping up here and there in dresses, handbags, home decor.... jewelry? I sure have... and have wanted each piece that I've seen!!!


What's a girl to do but pull out a piece of lace and get bizzzzzy! You can do this too! Seriously - if you have never made jewlery before - it's crazy fun... here's some tips and techniques to get you started!!! All that is required for this necklace is a lace medallion (or one that you cut out of something else!),


some chain (either new or salvaged), a clasp and jump rings...


and because I am who I am - and you are who you are: and we are only limited by our creativity (that's my Friday pearl of wisdom...) I had to add a lil' sumthin'... like pearls. heeeeee HA! Ain't no red.neck gonna go out without her pearls.


How cute will this be on a tank top and jeans day? I'd model it for you, but... I took Mr. Flannery's advice on the whole skeeter issue:

"Maybe you can dip yourself into calimine lotion like a weiner in corn dog batter. It would make for a great pink girly look. Relief, but would it clash with your red hair?"

Yeah... it clashes... but the pink is so PRETTY!!!

Anywho - the reason I've been workin' so hard in the la.bor.a.tory is because I went and signed myself up for the "Where Bloggers Create II" party over at My Desert Cottage! I'm sew excited... I've got over 10 years worth of purse designin' business (that's a whole lotta purses I've been making...whew... and I'm almost on 11 years!) all in one room - and until June 19th to take you on a tour!


What are you doing this week-end?  This is just two shelves out of... well... a few... and I pay in purses and lace necklaces!!!

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (and hoping I make it out of the la.bor.a.tory!)... hee-hee
;-D  robelyn

Have a WONDERFUL week-end!!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin