Wednesday, May 19

war.


I'm declaring war on the mosquito population at the single-wide.  They've done made me mad.  I'm not even feelin' that their portraits in this post are worthy of my duct tape labels... that's how mad I am.  And miserable... yeah, I'm gonna whine in this post... like the sound of a stinkin' skeeter buzzin' around my head.


I. Am. Miserable.  Mosquito bites on top of mosquito bites on top of more...

And. I. Itch.  Nothin' seems to be stoppin' the itch - I look like I have fleas!!!  And I have welts as big as quarters - and bruises from the scratchin'...


I. Am. Declaring. War.


Some people are more attractive to mosquitoes than others. It is not clear why, but
probably has something to do with the 300 odd chemicals produced by the skin. What the heck?  Oh... it's 'cause I'm so sweet (snicker, snort, smirk AND eye roll inserted here.)

Mosquitoes can fly 1 to 1 & 1/2 miles per hour. That's it - I'm yankin' their wings off.

It takes 400,000 mosquitoes to weigh a pound! And... they are using ME as their scale.

There are approximately 3,000 different species of mosquitoes. Of that, 50 of those species live in Minnesota... I'm fairly certain the other 2500 species live in Texas. And - because EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas...


I'm sure that applies to the stinkin' skeeters.

Mosquito repellents don’t actually repel the mosquitoes but blocks their sensory receptors which acts like a human shield. Mosquito’s sense of smell is 10,000 times greater than humans. Eating garlic or taking a garlic pill daily is supposed to keep the mosquitoes away. Garlic would keep anything away!

Mosquito’s are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color... oh... so THAT's why blue is my least favorite color!!!  Now I know.

In a single second, a mosquito's wings beat from 300 to about 600 times and male mosquitoes find their females by listening to the sound of the wings beating. Again... OFF WITH THEIR WINGS!

The welt that appears after a mosquito bite is said to be an allergic reaction to the saliva injected to a person’s skin to prevent blood clotting...

I. Declare. War.
And... please help... any stop-the-itching advice you might have for me?  I'm giving you my most pitiful puppy dog eyeballs and even my freckles have the itchy...


Sad and scratching - but still comin' to you LIVE (barely) from a single-wide...heehee
;-)  robelyn
Blog Widget by LinkWithin