Monday, October 11

Inspired by...


Sarah (and her side-kick (and sister!)) Courtney...

I stole this photo from David... hee-hee

were set up by "the Mindy" and I at Zapp Hall.  Now - I should just tell you - I think it was a scheme. A conspiracy. A grand master plan  'cause I'll be darned if every. single. time. I went to talk to these two hoodlums I ended up walking away with another piece of sparkley somethin'...



Not only did I walk away with some BLING (a girl just can't have enough, can she?) but I would always walk away with my wheels a-turnin'...


Sarah - and her mad crazy sparkley-thang creatin' talent inspires me!  Not only that - but she and Courtney have the most amazing tales to tell - with some giggles and a WHOLE lotta cuttin' up mixed in!  Trouble?  We didn't get in no stinkin' trouble... (and I have some ocean front property in the middle of Kansas for sale...)

Sarah's style - in jewelry and in display - is just awesome coolAnd fun!  Industrial - industrial - a lil' steam-punk - some more industrial - and "girly goodness" ALL combined!


So... with Sarah in mind I went and unloaded at the Taj Mahal (inside the Hillsboro Antique Mall) yesterday (after gettin' my craft on... and visiting the Habitat ReStore...):

Sarah uses a lot of metals (so of course the step stool donned an aluminum shield... and I got fumigated) and she ALSO includes many different graphic elements in her displays (so up my alley)... and her sparkley thangs!


Added to her mix are TONS of textures... so when I was layering the "dining table" I tried to do the same: glass, metal, wood, fabrics and fibers, plastic, sparkles... feathers...

The place markers that I came up with are construction springs (of some kind) glass fuses (of some kind) and hands that I smothered with chalkboard paint - I SO luv that stuff!!!

And the napkin rings are a wee lil' pipe... of some sort.  Don't get me to liein'... I just know it was in the plumbing department at ReStore. LOL

There are some gauges mixed in... lots of graphics - all the textures...

and the required BLING!  SPARKLES!! GOTTA HAVE THE SPARKLES!!!

Now you know - if you see me walking away with Sarah's sparkles... I am also plannin' my next big re-set of the Taj Mahal adventure (and thinking of the next necklace - bracelet - earrings... I need from her mad talented brain)...


Sarah inspires me. You won't want to miss meeting her... she'll be at Zapp again in the spring (I'm saving in to the sparkley thang fund now as I type this)!  When you come see her (and me!) be ready 'cause you have now been warned... you will want to wear all of her sparkley thangs at once (layering is good!) and... you will want to re-decorate - EVERYTHING!

Who inspires you?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where I'm currently trying to figure out how to get a truck in to my bedroom so I can hang my necklaces off it...) hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin