Friday, August 5

Cookin' up some GOOD STUFF!!!


So... this past Saturday I ran in to the First Lady and the Captain of the red.neck Neighborhood Association in the grocery store.  I don't like the grocery store - it doesn't like me... imagine their surprise when they saw me in there!



Vending machines... I'm patiently waiting for the day my kitchen is full of vending machines.





Anyway - they were getting the ingredients necessary to make "White Wings". Have you ever had those?  They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!  I, of course, told them I need some... and guess what they sent home to me?

You guessed it!
OHMYGOSH - DELICIOUS!!!


Here's how the dynamic duo made them:

Famous White Wings

By AlabamaGirl71 on June 05, 2003
Photo
Photo by MommyMakes
14 Reviews
  • timer
  • Prep Time: 10 mins
  • Total Time: 40 mins
  • Yield: 16 white wings

About This Recipe

"I got this recipe from Las Casas restaurant in Temple, TX. They claim to be famous for these White Wings...I'd never heard of them til I moved to this area, but I will say the White Wings are outstanding!!"

Ingredients

    • 4 (8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
    • 32 slices thin sliced bacon
    • 1 lb monterey jack cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
    • 16 slices pickled jalapeno peppers

Directions

  1. Cut each chicken breast into 4 strips.
  2. Place a cheese cube and one slice of jalapeno on each chicken strip and roll up.
  3. Wrap one slice of bacon around each rolled up chicken slice, forming a ball; then wrap another slice of bacon the opposite way.
  4. Tuck the bacon into the chicken ball, using toothpicks to hold in place.
  5. Grill at medium heat for 20-30 minutes, rotating constantly to ensure the meats are cooked through.
  6. Cheese will start to ooze out and bacon will be crispy when done.
  7. NOTE: You can speed up the cooking process by blanching the chicken balls in a fryer first for about 3-4 minutes.
  8. Serve with flour tortillas, salsa, sour cream, or pico de gallo.
recipe found here


You should make some White Wings this week-end. Or, if you cook like I do - c'mon over and we'll go see the First Lady and the Captain of the red.neck Neighborhood Association (who also doubles as my own personal fire department... and snake shootin' service... and sometimes the Captain has so much fun on his lawnmower and/or tractor he jumps the gravel road...).

Did I mention they are great cooks?

comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I'm hoping the First Lady is reading this and will make some more this week-end... or I might be tempted to try firin' up my oven... or is it a grill I use? Maybe it's the open flame on my gas stove? Hey, did you know they have 5 burner stoves?  DO YOU KNOW WHAT I COULD DO WITH ONE OF THOSE?!!! *snicker*

P.S. Have a WONDERFUL week-end!!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin