Thursday, December 31

Carryin' in the New Year!!!


image courtesy of Harmonious Posh

In Venezuela, people who want to travel in the New Year take a suitcase and carry it around the house.  In Chile they carry a packed suitcase around the block!  In the kingdom of red.neck-ville they pack it up, set it by the door... then trip over it continuously until they carry it around the pasture at midnight (and try not to get run over by cows, goats or various other critters celebratin' the New Year) - all in the hopes that the fortune cookie they inhaled yesterday holds true.

 
You see... I have a whole big world I'd like to see this next year... a chair to lift in Nebraska, Ann's store to get lost in for a few days (and then a few more days), a side trip to pick up Karyn so we can be Thelma and Louise - and a tundra to wreak havoc on, a storage building to raid, some swan butts to see, a few occassional sales to load up at (I hear Kris is one heck of a cook...so some food to eat), all of YOU I can leave some duct tape on along the way... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Some poems don't rhyme,
and some stories don't have a clear beginning,
middle,
and end.
Life is about not knowing,
having to change,
taking the moment and making the best of it...
ALL without knowing what's going to happen next. - Gilda Radner


image courtesy of sharonfostervintage

I'm ready for Chapter 2010 in my book... I hope you will help me fill the pages!!!

Have a wonderful New Year!!!  What do you do at midnight?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...heehee

;-)  Robelyn
Blog Widget by LinkWithin