Monday, June 20

confessions of a bum


In the second grade I was reading my way through the Nancy Drew series.

The third grade saw me with my nose constantly buried in Barbara Cartland novels. (My Grandmother and I used to fight over who was reading which one first...)


In the fourth grade I was worming my way in to my Mom's room to grab up harlequin romance novels out of her night stand. (Just so you know... I think she knew 'cause I remained sheltered...)

Somewhere in all of that I read the "Sweet Valley High" series... do you remember those?  Oh... teenage love life angst...


I always have with me somewhere "The Promise" by Danielle Steele and "Ice Castles".

My ALL TIME favorite movies are "Princess Bride":

That Vizzini, he can *fuss*. 
Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*. 
Probably he means no *harm*. 
He's really very short on *charm*. 
You have a great gift for rhyme. 
Yes, yes, some of the time. 
Enough of that. 
Fezzik, are there rocks ahead? 
If there are, we all be dead. 
No more rhymes now, I mean it. 
Anybody want a peanut?

the original "An Affair to Remember", and "the Notebook". Oh, and "The Little Mermaid".


Spongebob Squarepants (my leading jammies man) and I spent the week-end with the remote control in one hand and the kleenex box in the other - watching nothing but the Hallmark channel... with the Love channel on recall so I could switch back and forth... I'm such a girl. And a BUM!  Oh my gosh - I searched for and found my inner lazy, love-lovin', die-hard romantic - BUM and lived her life for a couple of days!

PLEASE tell me you were more productive than I was this week-end?!!? I don't think I've ever been so lazy in my life!

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I didn't know all these things about sunflowers 'til now... and I'm wondering where the "Hallmark Channel anonymous" group meeting is...hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin