Tuesday, August 17

howdy partner...


How ARE you today?!?!


There are two things I grew up with... bluegrass music and square dancin'!


Do you ever listen to the Lewis Family?  How about Earl Scruggs? Uhmmm... dueling banjo's? Ah.... bluegrass music...


"The Daddy red.neck" has been overheard SEVERAL times in my OneHundredandSeventyThreeyears sayin', "just call me Lil' Roy Lewis"...  as he sat in trees playin' his Banjo... running up and down the couch playin' his Banjo... just-a-pickin'-and-a-grinnin'!


Oh c'mon - you KNEW I got it from SOMEWHERE!!!  I come by it all so naturally - I've even been known to bust out singin' "Rocky Top, you'll always be - Home Sweet Home to meeeeeee" at the TOP of my lungs at ANY time - driving, working, sewing, walking, breathing... doesn't matter when...


And Square Dancing!  The across-the-street-neighbors when I was growin' up used to Square Dance and "the Mama" always took me to see them dance... and I would be razzled and dazzled by the RUFFLES and the BLING and the SMILES and the CLICKING sounds the clogs made and the CLAPPING and the WHIRLING ruffles and lace and bling and colors and more ruffles and movement.... oh SO MUCH FUN!!!


"Choose your partners, one and all..."


Anywho - this is what happens when you get inspired.... then you think about climbing a tree with a banjo... and then dancin' around in the tree while pickin' at the banjo... and perhaps cooking some pinto beans. Uhmmm... meet "Bon.nie and Earl":


Now I want to learn how to Square Dance (I can't believe that I haven't learnt myself already!)... do you know how?  Wanna go with me? C'mon - I choose you as my pardner...

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (that's do-se-do'n ALL over the place!!!)...hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin