Sunday, August 8

listening


When someone deeply listens to you
it is like holding out a dented cup
you've had since childhood
and watching it fill up with
cold, fresh water.


When it balances on top of the brim,
you are understood.
When it overflows and touches your skin,
you are loved.


When someone deeply listens to you,
the room where you stay
starts a new life
and the place where you wrote
your first poem
begins to glow in your mind's eye.
It is as if gold has been discovered!


When someone deeply listens to you,
your bare feet are on the earth
and a beloved land that seemed distant
is now at home within you.
John Fox in Finding What You Didn't Lose


This morning I just wanted to Thank YOU my dearest friends for listening to me ramble on and on and on... now - let's go wreak some havoc together!!!  Dangle our toes in some water, enjoy the sunshine, perhaps spread around some duct tape love - listen to each other... what time should I be expecting you?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where I'm tippin' my hat and sportin' an eye-twinklin' grin - Thank You for comin' to visit!)...hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin