Wednesday, July 1

Peaches!

Yep. Peaches. I have peaches on the brain…

“Millions of peaches, peaches for me,
Millions of peaches, peaches for free”

Okay, no, not really ALL peach brain – I have sewing, drilling, sawing, gluing, painting and a million other things on my feeble little brain as I am getting ready for my show next week-end! But, since it IS a peach festival, I figure I need to be getting into a “peachy” state of mind!

Yeah, that was bad – but what can I say? Once the glue and paint fumes join forces (like peaches and cream!) in ones laboooratory things just start to not make any sense what-so-ever. More than the usual not making any sense what-so-ever. Ha!

So – as usual – I look at the pretty pictures for inspiration! This is what I have fueling my fuzzy mind…

These need to be hanging in my ears…


And this needs to be dangling around my neck…


These are just stinkin’ cute and they make me laugh! How fun would these be to have around! LOL


Yes, I will admit it…I would wear this if it were in my closet. LOL I can think of 50 ways to modernize it!


yummmmmmm…..sparkles…….


Oh…I could do peachy/orange/coral mirrors in my living room!


What?! I’m a “red.neck”…I’m supposed to have a car in the line-up of photos…


PEACH SALSA

Serve this simply with tortilla chips or embellish with sliced avocado, sour cream, and crumbled cojita Mexican cheese. Spoon it over roasted chicken or fish as well.

4 ripe medium peaches, pitted and chopped (unpeeled)
1/2 cup chopped red and/or white onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
1/4 tsp. salt
Tortilla chips (optional)

In a large bowl combine peaches, onion, cilantro, mint, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeño, and salt. Cover and chill until ready to serve, up to 24 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired. Makes 3 1/2 cups.

THIS I can cook simply because this recipe does not call for the aid of the local fire department…

Now I will leave you with these words of wisdom…“The ripest peach is the highest on the tree.” - James Whitcomb Riley, The Ripest Peach

I’m off to see if my peach tree will hold me (right after I build something, glue something, sew something, paint something, drill something...and make some salsa!)!

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee

:-) robelyn


Blog Widget by LinkWithin