Saturday, September 1

it's official...

"Laces OUT"... Ace Ventura

Fall has arrived.


The season change (such that it is in Texas where 150milliondegrees in the Fall feels the same as it does in January...) never registers with me until my red.neck self is parked on some really hard metal bleachers over-looking the Football field. I've said it before (here)... there is NOTHING like a good High School Football game.

Not that I know ANYTHING about football...


I go to watch and listen to the Marching Band.


And take a million photos of my very own - very tall - very SENIOR YEAR - trombone player.


I take pictures of other things too. The Blue Moon was happening in the 'hood...


And that was really breath-taking!


And then I took pictures of our Mascot...



and because I have a very vivid imagination I "commentate" in my mind while taking pictures. For example: "Our faux furry mascot looks more "psycho" Bulldog than "vicious - I'm gonna take you DOWN" Bulldog."

And...


"That is going to hurt in about.... 1millionth of a second. So glad we play Trombone and not "beat 'em up Crash Helmet" games". THEN I thought: "I'm gonna do that off of my porch railing Monday morning after I paint my helmet pink."

I look back up...


and think: "DANG! I'm glad MY mustache doesn't grow that fast!"

then someone made a hole-in-one so I look back down at the basketball court with camera in my hand... and so it goes...

comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I'm wishing you the very MERRIEST Labor Day week-end full of fun and laughter... food and friends... and some RELAXATION!

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold.  But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow.  ~Douglas Pagels

What color are you going to slide down today?
 

p.s. We won the game! That didn't really register with me... but I think that's supposed to be important in the sports department. :-D
Blog Widget by LinkWithin