Friday, May 28

pottery barn

Sew... I'm still slavin' away in the la.bor.a.tory!  It's comin' along just perfectly - but I was lacking inspiration for a few minutes last night!


I was lacking inspiration due to the absence of an INSPIRATION BOARD!  Not good.... not good at all...

What's a girl to do 'cept peek in to the Pottery Barn catalog?!


Then I had to go huntin' through the junk piles - and it went a lil' sumthin' like this...

A 33" canvas - garage sale find - painted over (it was an atrocious painting from the 80's I think... I'm still shuddering).


I flipped it over and stapled a couple strips of lace (stained and tattered of course!)...


And stapled a belt along the wooden support...


then trimmed it out with some more lace!  I WOULD say that I hot-glued the lace around the edge - but indeed, that's not the case - I reverted to "quick grip" - which is indeed quick!  Can't find the revered glue gun in the middle of the mess... after an hour of searching... it always gets worse before it gets better, right?  RIGHT?


Anywho - there you have it! With the addition of some kitty cat print binder clips, a silver tray and some pretty magnets (just glue sparkles on a magnet - easy!) red.neck has raided the Pottery Barn.  Once I get the pink lockers (hee-hee) moved in this weekend, I will decide where to hang it - you'll see on your tour!

Does Pottery Barn ever inspire you to go digging for treasures?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee
;-) robelyn
Blog Widget by LinkWithin