Saturday, September 12

EXTREMELY graphic - proceed with caution!

Just a warning - this post is not for the faint of heart. It includes graphic photos of guts, bones, saws...
thread, foam and lots of dust! I struggled for many minutes on how to title this post...
"I think out of the couch" or "I see purses..." or "I'm not a couch a potato" or "you might be a red.neck if..."

Have a seat...come and listen to a little story about a red.neck girl...
A poor purse girl, barely kept her fat cat fed,
Then one day she was shoppin' for some junk -
And up through the piles came a fabric covered hunk.

Of couch that is. vintage floral cut velvet. red.neck bliss.
(I'm SO low maintenance. Are you humming the hillbillies song yet? HA!)

Well, the first thing you know ol' red.neck girl's a loadin' up (thanks to trusty side-kick and red.neck in training...can you believe he still passes garage sale signs? geesh...)
Kinfolk said "what the heck you doin' with THAT thing?"
Said the dumpsters the place you ought to be

So they loaded up the truck and moved to destruction alllllllley.

Chainsaws, sharp blades.

Oh, wait. Stop the music for a second. Did you know that some city-slickers have ELECTRIC chain saws? I didn't even know such a thing existed.... how can you play the chainsaw song and sing at the top of your lungs with an ELECTRIC chain saw? Good grief...there's some serious learnin' to be done to those city folk.

TONS of vintage fabric!!! I can't tell you how excited I was to find this couch - I'm so easy LOL! Vintage cut velvet is SO hard to come by - and there it was! Cheap the way I like it, gorgeous - and most all of it in perfect condition (minus the dust!) Now, my side-kick and partner in red.neck crime? I think he could still be experiencing some "couch destruction" shock...but I'm pretty positive he's used to it by now - I'm skeert that someday his eyes are going to get stuck in the "shock" mode when I voice one of my hair-brained schemes...

So we spent Labor Day doing some serious labor!!! We cut off all usable fabric (even the tee-tiny little squares only I could love!), pulled out some springs and various other parts for other projects and got to breakin' down what wouldn't fit in my red.neck mobile! The rest of it? hmmmm....I plead the 5th! LOL

But I will tell you - the fabric sent me flyin' back out to the "la.boooooooooooor.a.tory" once more - wait 'til you see the things I've come up with! They will be in my Etsy shop soon!

When you look at couches do you imagine better things? LOL What's your favorite "no way should it be that, it should be THIS" story? I know you have to have one...

Well now its time to say good-bye to the red.neck girl
I sure would like to thank you folks fer kindly droppin' in.
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin' helpin' of hospitality - red.neck that is.
Set a spell (uh...let me find another couch). Take your shoes off.

Hope you are having a fantastic week-end!!! Happy junkin' - and you might want to keep your eye on your couch... Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee

:-) robelyn

P.S. I really hope that wasn't your couch...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin