Saturday, September 5

My rake is a jewelry holder...

September confession: I run out the door every morning (starting on the first of September) to see if the leaves are falling yet...
There. Now you know.
This red.neck is all about Autumn (or Fall....I usually refer to it as fall, but since fall is too closely related to the way I walk, I will now refer to it as Autumn.). The sight of just ONE brown and crispy leaf on my lawn (or pasture - it's just that lawn sounds better) sends me into the happy red.neck dance! I've been twirling and bouncing around all morning 'cause this morning THERE IT WAS!!!

It was just laying there - waiting for my admiration and unending adoration!!! And look at that - it has freckles too!!! I make a mad dash for the fall - uh uhm - Autumn decor boxes, I can be spotted digging around in the underbrush for berries and branches - I u-turn for garage sales sporting big scarecrows - I love Autumn!!!

The crisp breeze, adding cardigans and boots to summer dresses (yeah, I do that!), the crunch of the leaves under my feet (no raking for me - I use mine as a jewelry holder...)

...the smell of winter on it's way!!!







What? Don't look at me like that over your hand-held fan and ice pack... a girl can dream right?

ANY.WAY! This morning I gathered up all of my autumn goodies (stopped at a few garage sales in the middle of that...) and piled it high on my living room cabinet (and all surrounding free floor space, and the dining table, and the...)

I was so excited to pull everything out I didn't even put all of the late summer decor away! Some of my pumpkins were lacking in the required sparkly department, so I ran out to the "la.booooor.a.tory" with my garage sale ceramic pumpkins in hand, grabbed up some ceramic glue and my glitter bottles and got to work -

(so easy - you should try it!!!)...now I have some added color and PEEEEEEZAAAAAAZ!!!!! No red.neck ANYTHING is complete without the bling...

So what am I doing for the rest of today (besides getting my tank tops, flip flops and summer skirts cleaned up in the hopes I can pack them away in the near future...)? Besides pulling out my boots, dusting off my cardigans and watching for more leaves to fall (along with the temps...)? Finding a home for all of the Autumn decor I flung across my living room in sheer happiness of course!

There will be no spot UN-touched....no chandelier safe...no candle holder or throw pillow that will not get some autumn inspiration... no flat surface that won't get changed for the season...I'm even thinking new curtains...

Autumn is just around the corner!!! And! I have an extra day to change things out! YESSSSSSS!!!

So what are you doing for this long holiday week-end? Big picnics, family gatherings, unloading your fall storage containers? Please, tell me I'm not the only one yanking out the pumpkins, gourds and fall foliage...

I hope you and yours have a VERY HAPPY LABOR DAY!!! If you're not busy, you are welcome to join me in the autumn leaves!!!

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee

:-) robelyn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin