Thursday, July 22

soup nazi


Did you ever see the Soup Nazi episode on Seinfeld (that link will you take you to the hi-lights!)?  I couldn't tell you EXACTLY what it was about... but I can mimic the "No Soup for YOU" Soup Nazi voice better than the actual actor.  yeeeee HA!  You show me soup - you mention soup - I think about soup... and you will hear me say, "No Soup for YOU!"  But I don't really mean it... I'd share my soup with you!!!


I could serve it to you out of one of my three soup tureens.  It is THREE of something that makes a collection, yes? I guess I hit collection status while visiting the thrift store, 'cause...


I heard it screaming my name from the parking lot. "robelyn.... I'm waitttttttting..."
It doesn't seem to bother me AT ALL if there is a lid or not... or if the little knob is on the lid - why should it?


Lids or no lids, crazedness fits right in, chips and cracks tell stories:


And they would ALL THREE look good with THIS in 'em!


2 lb. ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and cut
2 lb. ripe plums, pitted and cut
1 lb. pears, peeled, pitted and cut or 1 lg. can pears, drained (retain juice)
1 lb. cherries, pitted or 1 (16 oz.) can cherries, drained, pitted (retain juice)
1 c. sugar (or more to taste)
Water
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 c. cold water

Place all the fruit and sugar in large pot and cover with water and juices retained from cans of fruit. Cook until fruit is tender, 1/2 to 3/4 hour. While fruit is cooking, mix cornstarch and water; when cornstarch is completely dissolved add to soup about 10 minutes before the soup is finished. Let boil for the remaining 10 minutes. Allow to cool and then refrigerate. When serving a dollop of yogurt or sour cream can be added on top.

Serves 8-10.

Even though I'm saying "no soup for YOU" just laugh - 'cause I don't mean it.  And! I'll even let you eat it out of one of my tureens!!! And! I won't mind if you slurp your soup... it's the red.neck way. LOL
What time should I be expectin' you?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee
;-)  robelyn

p.s. Do you think my assistant thinks he is the soup nazi? Or maybe he is king of the photo shoot...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin