Friday, July 2

red, white and ruffled!


Happy Friday!!!

Thank You so much for your get well wishes!!!  This cold STINKS like rotten eggs in a 10acre rotten egg swamp - you need to take your vitamins and drink some orange juice so you don't get sick!  Seriously - do it now - I'll wait 'til you get back.

waiting...


i'm still here...


still waiting...

Back yet?  Okay!!!  Even though I've been down-and-out I am still thinking about this holiday week-end!  Granted, it was drug induced thinking, but still. AND I was thinking... what should I wear on Independence Day? Hey - I'm a girl - we think "wardrobe" all the time.

I've seen ruffled necklaces EVERY. WHERE. and have lusted after each and every one that I've seen - sew, I thought I'd make my own! Here's how I did it:

I chose chiffon - it is red and has happy daisies... an easy choice for me!!!

Make sure and use a sharp needle if you are using chiffon (or any lightweight fabric)... a dull needle might snag and pull!

This handy little pull tool is called... I don't know what it's called.  But -  you need one 'cause it's the coolest thing ever!  It's about 12" long and has a loop on one end for pulling through elastic, chain... all kinds of things!  Or... a small safety pin would work as well! Just ruffle your fabric up on the chain!

I just whipped the needle and thread through the chain and the chiffon - worked purrrrrfectly!

I tried an offset red and white beaded ear bauble (just sewed on) then switched to these enamel ones so I could have some BLUE in my red and white... they are just clipped on in case I change my mind again!  Not that that ever happens.... much - but it might 'cause I feel like those happy daisy ear baubles are staring at me.

How cute would this be with a white eyelet top...


and a blue and white gingham skirt...


and a pair of THESE!!!


Now... I just need somewhere to go.  hmmmm.....
Do you have big plans for Independence Day?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...hee-hee
;-)  robelyn
Blog Widget by LinkWithin