Tuesday, January 11

Comfort Food


It is cold.  I mean... freeze-my-freckles cold.


I LOVE IT!!!  But it makes me want to eat soup.  My FAVORITE soup is the tater soup "the Mama" makes (hint, hint) but I don't know her recipe (it could be top secret. hmmm.....) - so I found one.


Baked Potato Soup

This has got to be almost the epitome of Southern comfort food.

Serves: 8
Cook Time: 20 Minutes

Ingredients

  • 8 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 5 potatoes, baked, peeled and diced
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
  • 2 cups half & half
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Salt & pepper to taste (optional)

Steps

In a Dutch oven cook bacon until crisp; remove and crumble, reserve drippings.
Cook onion in bacon drippings until tender; stir in flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add chicken broth; cook, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Put in the diced potatoes, parsley, bacon and half & half; cook for 10 minutes. Stir in cheese and sour cream.

Serving Suggestions

Garnish with cheese, bacon and sour cream.


I'm not real sure what a dutch oven is (and it is not recommended that I burn the single-wide down (yet again) trying to cook) - so I'm hoping YOU are going to cook?  I can be there by dinner time and I'll stop and pick up Mr. Tater Head on the way 'cause you KNOW you want to play with one now...

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where I'm wonderin' - what's YOUR favorite "Comfort Food"?) hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin