Thursday, January 6

Dearly Beloved...


We are gathered here today to pay tribute to the lives of Montgomery and Ward - and to mourn their passing.  Life, as we see clearly on an occasion such as this, is always lived in the presence of death, and the brightness of life is highlighted by the shadow of death.


I think, no matter where you stray,
That I shall go with you a way.
Though you may wander sweeter lands,
You will not soon forget my hands,
Nor yet the way I held my head,
Nor all the tremulous things I said.
You still will see me, small and white
And smiling, in the secret night,
And feel my arms about you when
The day comes fluttering back again.
I think, no matter where you be,
You'll hold me in your memory
And keep my image, there without me,
By telling later loves about me. ~ Dorothy Parker


Montgomery has lived a seamingly endless life... first as my Grandmother's machine (which she picked up at a Garage Sale somewhere prior to my arrival) - the machine that I started dreaming things up on as a little tiny red.neck... then the machine that has made me who I am today.


Ward - Ward was the interfacing - the support system.  He spilled his guts and offered up untapemeasurable support (and organ donations such as throat plates and feed dogs) to Montgomery.  Both will be greatly missed - they each kept me in stitches.


The task before us now is to baste the memory of Montgomery and Ward to the special place which they will always have in our hearts (and in my life story), as we shall pin-tuck their little steel bodies in to their final resting place (what... you thought I only had cars up on blocks?).

For as much as the spirits of Montgomery and Ward dwell no more in mortal form, we chainstitch the memory of their lives, now taken from us, to the needle book of our hearts, and the hearts of all those whom they have sewed for.


The torch Montgomery and Ward lit, we now carry forward as others will also pass along ours, in the sure knowledge that the great gift of life stitches ever onward via a Singer CG590.
Electricity is cut off, and the foot pedal is taken away; blessed be life and love and endless stitching, forever.

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (*sniff*) hee-hee


P.S.


You would forever be my hero if you came across one of these... I'll offer a reward - and I'd even mow my pasture down to find which block Montgomery is resting on...
Blog Widget by LinkWithin