Friday, September 3

camera scrunchy thingy...


How's your camera strap lookin' these days?  Are you lackin' some character in your camera strap?  Do you feel like your reading an infomercial? Wanna add some bling?  Everybody needs some bling... seriously.  Bling is good.  Trust me on this.

Let me present to you the "strap scrunchy"!  Have you seen the strap "slipcovers" that are around? This is the same thing. Wanna know how EASY this thing is to make?!!?  And I mean EASY!!! Here you go:


Get a fabric sample or a scrap of fabric... mine measures 24" long, but cut it to the length you need...


my strap is 1" at the widest point... I cut my fabric 3" wide... you do the math 'cause math to me is like a road trip: I don't know how many miles I go, I just get there eventually!  After you cut your strip of fabric - press it in half... it's easier when you go to sew the trim on ('cause you knew it had to have trim... it's the red.neck way...)


After you have the trim of your choice sewn on (again - it could be a scrap piece... this was!) then fold the fabric strip in half with the face of the fabric in...


then turn right side out!  It looks like a snake - but with spots... hmmm....

After you turn the tube right side out, just turn the raw ends in and whip stitch 'em in place.  Thennnnn...


add some bling (you knew it was coming...)



"the Mindy" named it the "strap scrunchy"... I think she's catchin' on to the whole red.neck thing...  Anyway - I (of course) got on a roll - and this is what MY "strap scrunchy" looks like!



Sew - you can't miss me now... I'm the one with the blinged out camera!  LOL!

You should go make one!  This week-end while you're carrying your camera around constantly taking Holiday Week-end Pictures of Friends and Family and Pretty Things - you will want to have some ruffles... and some bling... or whatever else your creative mind comes up with!!!  Enjoy the holiday!

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide... hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin