Wednesday, September 15

Get your happy on!

I'm sitting here laughing to myself 'cause I read some blogs here and there and they are SO engaging and entertaining and funny... and the blogger is talking of nothing other than their trip to Wal Mart or somewhere like that...

and I think, "Robelyn... you lead a dull life.  You need to go to Wal Mart or somethin'" (see? dull.  Wal-Mart? really? I could at least step it up with a trip to Tractor Supply --- something!)

It's at this point that I recall my morning... and it is still relatively dull and uneventful - boring even (never-mind the fact that I've just spent the last 10 minutes mopping up coffee and coffee grounds 'cause I forgot to put the pot in the coffee maker after I turned it on... or that I had to u-turn 'cause I had mis-matched flip flops on (one brown sparkles... one white w/bows)... or that my shirt was on inside out and I didn't catch it 'til I was sitting at my desk (AFTER spreading my grin 'round a few places this morning)... or that i just accidentally stabbed myself with a box cutter... in the stomach (ouch)... or that I discovered this morning that the skunk that I came nose to nose with in my back yard is more skeert of me than I am of him... or after I dropped the flat iron for my hair in to the kitchen sink (don't ask)... 
and... never mind the flames that happened in the "la.bor.a.tor.y" this morning (we're down one pocketbook as of 6:17am on Wednesday, September 15th... may it's ash's rest in pieces) due to an iron, a piece of cotton and a psychotic iron operator... ).

See? Dull and uneventful.

So I got some happy daisies to smile at...


'cause the art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things - and I am happy.

Do you have your Happy on today?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where I'm smackin' myself in the forehead 'cause it's not even 11am yet... and I need a new fire-putter-outer (I should go to Wal-Mart for a new one!!!) but that's just between us... don't tell anybody, m'kay?) hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin