Friday, September 10

waffles


I ADORE waffles!  Plain, powdered sugar, covered in butter, served up with extra syrup (in each and every square!)...


fruit - peanut butter... chocolate chips (little rainbow sprinkly things...) I don't care.  Just l'eggo my eggo. Well... eggos are what I usually have...


But!!!  Now I've had waffles made just for me!!!  Isn't it funny how the little things that one person does cook up in to such special big things for another person? Waffles.

Did you know that there is such a thing as a waffle maker out there?  AND!  They come in shapes?!  I was asked if I wanted "round or square waffles"!  Who knew?!?!


Oh - I guess you probl'y did... but this was new info for the red.neck girl who burns her house down with the toaster can't cook!!! I was so EXCITED to know this!!!

Here you go:

The word "waffle" comes from the Celtic phrase "Wiff tille" which, loosely translated, means "Alas! The mountain goat has my sandwich!"*
Now you know.* You're welcome...

And... here's a recipe for you:
Ingredients:
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
3 eggs
1¾ cups whole milk
½ cup vegetable oil
½ tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
Preparation:
Pre-heat your waffle iron to its hottest setting. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
Beat eggs thoroughly. Whisk in sugar, milk and oil.
Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until combined. Don't over-mix (is that anything like over-cookin'?)!

Spray both surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray.
Ladle 4 to 6 oz (½ to ¾ cup) batter on the iron and close it. It's not unusual for a bit of batter to seep out of the edges of the iron. If there's excessive leakage, use less batter for the next waffle.
Cook until the waffle iron's indicator light shows that cooking is complete, or until no more steam comes out. The finished waffle should be golden brown and crispy.

I personally am not going to try this recipe... I don't have a waffle maker.  In any shape or size... plus - even though it's flooding in the hood I'm fairly certain there is a burn ban on the single-wide. National Waffle Week is celebrated the second week in September.... I started my waffle celebration this past week-end thanks to an awesome waffle chef...


... have you been celebratin' National Waffle Week?  If not - you still have time!!! Would you like some syrup for each of those cool little cubbies?

Comin' to you LIVE from...
... hee-hee


* You really don't know... I just found that somewhere and was amused by it... kinda red.neckish... always take things I say with a granule of sugar... oh heck - go make some waffles!  I'm on my way!!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin