Monday, November 15

falling for autumn


Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold,
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
~ Robert Frost

One of my all time favorites is Robert Frost.  Read me any of his poems - I'm yours forever. And in the fall... each time I see a gold leaf, I recite "Nothing Gold Can Stay" in my head (and sometimes out loud... and I look kinda crazy... but that's okay (and somewhat normal for me...))!


I've been "nesting" along with the birds that have headed south since the on-set of Fall/Autumn.  Cleaning the single-wide, throwing things away, packing things away and re-decorating (that's always FUN!)!


After an extraordinarily relaxing week-end, I'm going to continue on my quest to "feather my nest" - winterize it just a little bit more.  Are you as enthralled with this time of the year as I am? *sigh*

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where sometimes I can be spotted IN a tree watching for the leaves to turn... wanna join me? I have an extra nest awaiting your arrival...) hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin