Thursday, November 4

fried ribs


I don't know what it was about "the Mindy's" rib bones in a fryer (at The Primitique... they are not her actual rib bones...) but I started thinking about fried ribs. (I can't fool you... I'm warped... and NOT a vegetarian!)  Have you ever had fried ribs?  They are SOOOOO good!!!


Here's how you make them:
Ingredients:
3 quarts peanut oil for frying
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons coarse ground black
pepper
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons onion salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
6 eggs, beaten
6 pounds beef ribs, cut into single rib
pieces
Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, and onion salt. Place the flour in a separate bowl or plate. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Rub the spice mixture onto all of the ribs. Dip each rib in egg, then in flour, then egg, then flour again.
3. Place the ribs in a fryer basket so they are not crowded, try 4 or 5 at a time depending on the size of your fryer. Cook for about 8 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain. Continue with remaining ribs.

Luckily for all surrounding cities and towns (and fire departments... and maintaining peaceful relations with the neighborhood association pasture neighbors (I think sometimes they get skeert when they think about my pyromaniac cooking skillz)) there is a man here in town that makes them. LOL  You should come eat lunch with me sometime... we can have some deep fried ribs!!!

I was thinking that I could google how many ribs I might have (I'm sew not an anatomy expert) but I think I'll count them instead...

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where I'm tryin' REALLY hard to count my ribs... but it tickles and I keep laughing and then I keep having to start over... 1 rib, 2 ribs... haaaaaaaaahahahaha) hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin