Monday, October 25

bird brain.


Happy Monday Ya'll! Did you have a good week-end? I did... wanna know why?


'cause on FRIDAY I opened up a cardboard box full of guaranteed goodness!!! Now, we've already established that I am the girl that gets all gooey-eyed with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING sentimental and/or has a story to tell...


and... I've talked about my "Grammy" here and there.  Well, Grammy LOVED birds.  And the "annual" tea towels with dates and pretty pictures.  Heck - I remember when I was little that was one of the first things "the Mama" went on the hunt for to put in Grammy's stocking.  I mean, for Santa to put in Grammy's stocking.  oops...


One of my most special memories is that Grammy and I shared our birthday party... each and every year.  Pineapple upside down cakes, grins and giggles, "the Mama" used to make us matching shirts (not kidding!  it was FUN!) - didn't matter where I was or where she was - we found each other (even if by phone - and for awhile she had a party line so the neighbors were in for the fun as well) for our birthday party. Every August.

Imagine my joy and surprise (with a few "how did she knows?!" thrown in) and my gooey-sentimental heart tears when I opened my box up from Margo to find a tea towel tote bag inside!


was my Grandmother's favorite bird.  Did you know the cardinal reminds us to hold ourselves with pride - not ego pride. Rather, the cardinal asks us to stand a little taller, be a bit more regal, step into our natural confidence as if we were born to lead with grace and nobility. Nice to know, right?

THEN!  She decked it out with:


complete with surrounding HAPPY DAISIES (my favorite flower!) and - how did Margo know that the "e" on the back matched my Grandmother?


I think she's just cool like that. Wouldn't you agree? Not ONLY did Margo make me the greatest tote bag ever... but she THEN tucked in another surprise for me!


My very own - margoriffic letterpress pendant!  Uh huh... I know you're jealous - but you can go get one here in her Etsy store!

“Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.”

Thank You SEW much Margo... how did you know all the little BIG special things?!!?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide (where sometimes "the Mama" calls me bird brain - like when I accidentally burn things down.... or forget major little things like... well... i don't remember but I'm sure they were important.... pfffft) hee-hee



P.S. Don't forget to tell me how YOUR week-end went! Did you do fun things?!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin