Wednesday, November 25

You MIGHT be a red.neck


If...


You've ever had Thanksgiving dinner on a Ping-Pong or pool table.

Thanksgiving dinner is squirrel and dumplings.
(EEEEuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwww!)

You've ever re-used a paper plate.

If you have a complete set of salad bowls and they all say Cool Whip on the side.

If you've ever used your ironing board as a buffet table.

Your turkey platter is an old hub cap. (Curb-side find maybe?)

Your best dishes have Dixie printed on 'em.

Your stuffing's secret ingredient comes from the bait shop.

Your only condiment on the dining room table is ketchup.

Side dishes include beef jerky and Moon Pies.

You have to go outside to get something out of the 'fridge.

The directions to your house include "turn off the paved road" at the stump over yonder.

You consider pork and beans to be a gourmet food.

You have an Elvis Jell-o mold.

You serve Vienna Sausage as an appetizer.


HA!
I don't care much for the Turkey 'n Dressing (I'm a beef and tater kinda girl) but step away from the Cranberries (the whole ones please!), the Bacon in the green beans, the Sweet Taters and the (and I quote my Mother) "Slimy Green Stuff"... 




Watergate Salad!
Here's What You Need for 8 servings (about 1/2 cup each)
1 cup Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmellars
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding
1 can (20 oz.) Crushed Pineapple, in juice, undrained
1.2 cup chopped Pecans (do you say "Pea-Cans" or "Pa-Con"?
1- 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip (then you can use the bowl for the salad...)

Combine those oh-so-tasty marshmellars, dry pudding mix, pineapple and nuts in large bowl.
Stir in the Cool Whip and refrigerate for 1 hour!

YEAH!  THAT EASY!!!  Even I can make it!!!  Whoo Hoo!!!

I hope each and every one of you have a WONDERFUL and RELAXING and THANKFUL Thanksgiving!!!  I'm off to harass family members and THEN - I'm going to roll my duct tape in to Athens on Friday to join in the fun at Winnie and Tulula's!  I get to steal Mindy's eggnog and talk some smack with Trash Diva Debra and see some friends I know and meet some great new ones!!! Wanna roll with me? 

Have a great one!!!  Lots of blessings coming your way from my single-wide to yours...hee-hee 

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide...ha!
;-) Robelyn

P.S. You MIGHT be a red.neck if...
Your secret family recipe is illegal.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin