Wednesday, April 13

WANTED: one lid


I was at "the Mama's" on Saturday...


While there I decided to cruise around with my camera when she wasn't looking! Have I said before that you should come with me to "the Mama's" house sometime? It's my favorite shopping spot. I seem to get the five finger discount most times... I'm sure that would apply to you as well!


Anyway, "the Mama" is ALL geared up for Spring and Summer. Each season brings a slew of packing, unpacking - trips to the attic and her version of "the la.bor.a.tory"...


Each. 
Season.
Let me define "each. season." for you. We're talkin': Early Spring. Late Spring. Early Summer. Mid-summer. Summer. End of Summer. Early Fall. Fall. Thanksgiving (oh wait, is that a Season? hmmm...) and so on... you get the picture, right? Sometimes I think the whole "each season" thing is hereditary...


For Spring and Summer this year she is sending her red and white transfer ware on holiday in the land called... storage - and prettifyin' with my Grandmother's Haviland! Grammy always had her china cabinet filled with her Haviland... bits and pieces - ALL gorgeous! And ALWAYS the star of the show was her chocolate pot.


Since "the Mama" is springin' up Grammy's china cabinet... it all makes perfect sense to have it in it's rightful spot. The chocolate pot was a wedding gift to my GREAT Grandparents in 1905(ish). But, it was mainly used for chicken broth when someone was sick! Ain't no red.neck in their right mind gonna actually use it for hot chocolate... you knew I got it from somewhere...


The lid has been missing for as long as "the Mama" can remember... and we're on the hunt.


If you happen upon one - we would be forever grateful to you and your sharp eye!!! As a matter of fact... SO grateful that you could earn yourself an ALL EXPENSES PAID shopping trip through "the Mama's" house.

Oh...

hmmmm.....

maybe not. She could have a problem with that - I just got a lil' carried awayHow about... a few buttons from her magic button bowl - and the stories that accompany the buttons?! And, to sweeten the pot - she'll even throw in the two lids that DON'T fit!  whoo hoo!!!


I figure - it's Easter Egg huntin' season (I'm sure that's a season)... maybe you'll find a lid too?

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I'm flippin' my lid! *snicker*
Blog Widget by LinkWithin