Sunday, June 6

We Have A Winner!!!

Okay - I just have to say... I don't know WHERE you people came up with your numbers...


I only found ONE misspelling and it was "ms-spelled"... don't you spell it "mrs-spelled"?  I sho 'nuff thought so!!!

That was until I got this...

Okay...that purse is mine, girlfriend!

I may be a bit of a perfectionist...so here goes!

There were 48 misspelled words! Yes, you heard me right...48.

Back in my teaching days, there would have been lots of colored ink on your essay! :) However, I never used red ink because I thought that red ink has a bad image for students. Even way back in the days before it was easy to find colored inks, I used pink, purple or turquoise to grade papers. Wasn't I on the cutting edge? :)

I don't know how many words I can put in a comment, but I am justifying my count for misspelled words...in order of appearance in the post:

meat...meet
un-determined...undetermined
spring-chickenish...spring chickenish
talkin...talking
knead...need
dew...do
suppose to...supposed to
too...to
tin...ten
nanny nanny booboo...nanny nanny boo boo
verrrrry...very
un-shrinkable...unshrinkable
cote...coat
piece...peace
Mindeee...Mindy
heeeeeeee ha...hee haw
kinda...kind of
too...to
thangs...things
cuz...because
gonna...going to
inn...in
Spring...spring
hollyday...holiday
spealler...speller
cuz...because
too...to
ahh...ah
alements...ailments
tootsie roll pop...Tootsie Roll Pop
toosie roll pop...Tootsie Roll Pop
y...why
sew...so
terryfied...terrified
to...too
msspelled...misspelled
seam...seem
tyme...time
cause...because
how-evah...however
yerself...yourself
em...them
c'mon...come one
verrrry...very
eye...I
knew...new
comin...coming
tooooooooo...to

Good gravy... that was from Malisa!  So THEN!!!  THEN!!!  I got THIS:

Alrighty Robelyn...here goes.

After printing your post out and proof reading your FABULOUS interview with Miss Janet, my conclusion is...

I counted 45 incorrect words

However, throughout the whole post, I counted ONLY 29 words that are actually MISSPELLED.
(in order of appearance)

chickenish
talkin'
verrrry
Mendee
heeeeeeeeeeeeee
90ish
thangs
'cuz
hollyday
spealler
'cuz
Ahh
alements
Whataburger
hmmm
terryfied
ms-spelled
tyme
gots
How-evah
yerself
bwoo
hahaha
verrrrrry
mi.ni.pearl.e
red.neck
comin'
tooooooooo
hee-he

However, throughout the whole post, I counted ONLY 16 words that were NOT MISSPELLED but are HOMOPHONES used incorrectly in the text.
(get your mind out of the gutter, look it up!) haha
(in order of appearance)
meat
knead
dew
too
tin
cote
piece
too
inn
too
y
sew
to
seam
eye
to

Plus...if you counted the following words as misspelled:
un-determined
yeah
bamboozled
booboo
Mac
y
kinda
'cause
c'mon
'em
They ARE words in the dictionary and ARE spelled correctly as they are printed!!!
Again, look it up :)

So there you have it Robelyn.

I want that damned purse and those tags so bad, I'm doing whatever it takes to get them.
(which included printing out the article, and reading it like TEN times. Stalked Dictionary.com for 2 hours. And prayed. Yes. Divine help sometimes tops all previous efforts.)

From Jodie!!!  What happened to my ONE misssspelled word?!!? And I am laughing so hard... have ya'll been to visit Jodie?  She's coming to Texas and I'm in the midst of trying to figure out how to stalk her... I have my plotting purse on my shoulder tooooooday.  bwoooo hahaha

Well - I threw their names in the purse (and want to thank EVERYONE for playing - I have never had so much fun!!!) and came out with...


Congratulations!!!  And again - Thank You to EVERYONE for playing!!!  I promise - next time I won't make it so hard... hahaha!

Now I'm off... gonna go find some havoc to wreak (and try to figure out why I counted only 1 mispealed word and when I get to sign up for Malisa's class... I want some pink, purple and turquoise ink on my papers!)...
What are you doing today?

Comin' to you LIVE (where I'm givin' Malisa a high-five and giggling to myself when I think of Jodie) from a single-wide....hee-hee
;-) robelyn

THANK YOU again to Janet and EVERYONE that played along!!!  I published all the comments - there were some FUN and fantastic ones!!!  Bee sure and go read!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin