Thursday, May 19

puddin'


I've discovered the art of cooking instant pudding. Uh huh - I said, "cooking instant pudding".  Because cooking in MY book means that I own a whisk and know how to use it. And there is no need for the fire department to come share dinner with me. I need a pink chef's hat. And I'd also like to know how a whisk got in my kitchen...


2 cups of cold milk
a whisk (I really just like saying "whisk")
a box of magical pudding powder stuff.
I'm chefboyarredneck!


One time I had two boxes of pudding...

turns out - you cooked one and you did the whole 2 cups of cold milk magic/instant thing with the other.
Well........ I cooked the 2 cups of cold milk one and added 2 cups of cold milk to the cookonthestove one...
then stood in front of the refrigerator staring at the bowls while in tears 'cause neither one of them were setting like the boxes said they would.
Very traumatic event... verrrrrrrrry traumatic. I went on pudding strike for years.





Where was I going with this?


Oh yeah - I'm the queen chefette with my boxes of instant pudding!  I'm going to try this Saturday:


1 package (3.9 oz) Jell-O Instant Pudding, any flavor
1 cup cold half and half
1 cup cold milk
1 graham cracker crust
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 pkg. (4 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

Popsicle mold, or 5 or 6 oz paper cups

Beat the pudding mix, milk, and half and half with a wire whisk for 2 minutes by hand. Break graham cracker crust into small chunks (I only used about half the crust), and stir pieces into the pudding.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium sized bowl with a mixer until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip.

Fill mold/paper cup with pudding about 1/3 of the way. Add a layer of the Cool Whip filling, and top with more pudding. Insert a Popsicle stick and place cups in the freezer.

Freeze for 5 hours or until firm. Peel off paper cup before serving. Makes about 6 popsicles. (recipe here)


I can't decide if I like pudding because it is so DELICIOUS or if I like it because I feel like I belong behind the counter of a 5 star restaurant... specializing in 2 cups of cold milk, a whisk and a box of magical pudding powder stuff. Can you imagine how "chef-like" i'm going to feel while eating a pudding pop? I think I have a mixer thingy somewhere... and if you ever come to dinner don't be surprised if the entree' is instant pudding. 

Comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where I'm wondering what flavor of instant pudding is your favorite? I'm partial to the sugar-free white chocolate - but the lemon is running a close second - oh and then there is the chocolate... and the pistachio... and the tapioca... hee-hee
Blog Widget by LinkWithin