Thursday, October 13

it's time to celebrate - part 9


I'm just going to let you use your imagination on where "SPLaT fine dinin'" came from 'cause it involves the sound of (YOU finish the sentence....)




"SPLaT Fine Dinin'" is made up of pretty much anything that I think of (or make) that involves a kitchen gadget. YOU KNOW I don't cook (personal safety reasons... and neighborhood burn ban) so kitchen gadgets are always useful... elsewhere.

For Example:
I've been known to desecrate fine china:

did you know that gold rimmed dishes make really cool sparklin' colors flash when put in the microwave?



Flat cheese graters are fun! You COULD use them for cheese gratin', or...



And so on. You see how my mind works, right? I have a few cheese grater pendant lights - I've made napkin or mail holders out of the rounded tater mashers - plant markers out of knives and other utensils - bundt cake pans are AWESOME wreaths... kitchen gadgets are fun (and in my case, safer) when used for something else!

And - just 'cause
I'm throwin' either a tater masher or a grater (which would you like?) in to the mega-celebration box of fun!  Are you entering to win every chance you get? You should be...

I will take all comments from each "celebrate-late-with-me"post and ALL comments will be entered to win - you are going to get SEW many chances because your name goes in for each comment you leave!!!

Tell your friends about the fun over here (then tell me) and you get TWO chances to win per post that you share!

New follower? Tell me and I'll welcome you as soon as I throw your name in the duct tape roll twice for the the post you taped yourself on to!

The box now holds:
a pocketbook, some SUDZ, some Glam, a piece of Retreauxgirl AWESOMEness, a Saddle Tramp shirt... and a partridge in a pear tree. Oops - I mean - some red.neck Lip Grease and a dishtowel from Thunderbird Linens... an Edison Bulb from "Lamp Lighter's Un.plugged" and a MYSTERY gift straight from Zapp Hall (after I "U-turned" for it...) and now? A recipe/memo/photo holder straight off the "SPLaT" fly swatter!

Hmmmm.... I think that's it! I make all sorts of other things - furniture usually meets it's match with me, there are odd 'n ends I think of that just "happen" when I'm supposed to be sewing (last night at about midnight some REALLY cool candle holders felt the wrath of my spray paint can - I can't wait to put 'em to work!), but none of that stuff has a name or division other than...

"the girl's off her cinder blocks".

I'm thinking: let's keep the celebrate-late-with-me-giveaway (there are at least 9 chances for you to enter!) open through next Monday, the 17th - then Tuesday I'll announce a winner! I hope it's you!

comin' to you LIVE from a single-wide where there is more Warrenton/Zapp Hall coming your way... I'm just trying to get untangled from the duct tape still!!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin